Google trending searches are the most effective way to stay current with what people are interested in these days. We’ve all seen some of the strange or amusing suggestions that can appear when we search on Google. These recommendations can be interesting to see what’s trending, but they aren’t always useful, and they can sometimes hinder your actual search goals. In such cases, people may wish to disable trending suggestions if they don’t want to keep up with the most popular Google search. The feature is easily disabled. So, in this blog, we’ll show you how to turn off the suggestions on your preferred devices easily.
What are the Trending Suggestions in Chrome?
Google Trends is a feature that can gather data from Google searches and then envisage the frequency of search items across various languages. The feature is useful for entering a Google search more efficiently. However, it allows users to display the relevant things to their users. However, seeing the same things over and over can become extremely irritating for the user. So, in the next section, we will discuss how to toggle off the trending recommendations.
How to Turn Off Trending Searches on Various Devices
Google trending suggestions work as a data utilization tool that can track events or other trends to help people quickly access what’s happening around them. As we all have spotted, some abnormal or absurd recommendations can emerge when we search on Google. But sometimes, people get annoyed with these trending hunts. So, here in this section, we will walk you through the different ways to toggle off the trending search option.
1. Turn Off Trending Suggestions on Android
You can enter a Google search faster with autocomplete. You can switch off or erase autocomplete suggestions. To disable trending suggestions in the Google app for Android, go to the settings panel. Let’s move to the steps to turn off the suggestions.
- Launch your Android mobile browser.
- Then, type in “Google.com” into the site’s address line and select the search icon.
- Next, click on the three-line icon at the apex of the left corner to open the menu.
- After that, select “Settings.”
- Move down until you locate the “Autocomplete with trending search” option.
- Then, click on “Do not show trending search.”
2. Turn off the Trending Searches on iPhone
Apply the given steps to disable the Google trending recommendations on your iPhone.
- First, you have to visit “google.com” in your mobile browser.
- Then, click on the three-line icon you can find at the top left corner of the screen to view the menu.
- Next, click on Settings.
- After that, move down and locate the “Autocomplete with trending search” option.
- Then, choose “Do not show popular.”
Please keep in mind that if you want to disable the trending search mode quickly, So you can use the incognito mode on the iPhone to evade the display of trending suggestions. For this, you have to click on the three dots icon and then the new incognito option.
3. Turn off PC Trending Searches
If you want to toggle off Google’s suggestion on your PC, then apply the given steps.
- First, you have to open your browser and type “google.com” into the site’s address line, then press the “Enter” key.
- Then, tap on “Settings” on the right side of the screen.
- Choose “Search settings” from the menu list.
- Next, click on “Do not Show Popular Search” under the option of “Autocomplete with trending search.”
4. Turn off the Trending Suggestions through Google App
If you wish to use the Google mobile app despite the browser, then apply the below instructions to disallow the feature.
- First, you have to open the Google app on your device.
- Then, click on your profile photo or your name initials that are located on the top right side of the screen.
- Next, choose “Settings” and then tap on “General.”
- After that, shift the switch from “Autocomplete with trending search” from right to left to turn it off.
What to do if Trending Suggestions are not Removed?
Users have reported difficulties removing trending suggestions from Google. So here, we will discuss how we can fix it. Let’s move to the steps to eliminate the issue.
1. Restart your device
If you face any issue with toggling off the trending search, you should follow this method by restarting the device.
- First, view the new Incognito mode, open Google.com, and tap on Settings.
- Second, you have to choose the search settings.
- Then, open the auto-complete with trending suggestions.
- Next, restart your device or browser.
If you wish to disable the feature on Android or iOS, open Google and then choose “More options.” After that, open the settings, move to Autocomplete with trending suggestions, and click on Do not show popular search. Last, restart your system or browser.
2. Block the Cookies & Clean the Cache
To block the cookies, you have to view the new tab and type chrome://settings/syncsetup?search=autocomplete+searches+and+block. in the address bar to view search settings. Disallow the option that sends cookies and searches from the address bar and search box to your default search.
Moreover, follow the below steps to clean the cache.
- First, tap on More options and choose Help.
- Then, tap on About Google Chrome and verify for updates.
- Next, open the history and choose Clear Browsing Data.
- After that, use the Time range from the menu and click on All time.
3. Reset the chrome
You have to open the settings and tap on “Advance” on the right-hand side to tackle the issue. If the problem continues, then reset your Chrome settings. Then choose Reset and clear up and tap on Restore Settings to their original defaults.
Google trending suggestions are the best way to keep up to date with what others are searching for. Google is a helpful tool if you know how to use it, but sometimes it may interfere with your online research and browsing. So, in this blog, we have mentioned how to toggle off the trending searches on various devices. Now, search for whatever you want without any suggestions. Do not forget to share your queries with us in the comment section.