Are you here to know how to change YouTube channel name? A great YouTube channel name is nearly as vital because of the content itself. You would like a punchy and only searchable name to maximize views and subscribers. It’s essential to understand the way to found out a YouTube channel name to urge the full potential of your profile.
Successful rebrands can get people talking, but you’ve got to understand the way to start. Here are the steps you will need to update your channel name.
How to Change Your YouTube Channel Name?
We will start with the simplest way to change your YouTube channel name.
- On YouTube, click on your profile picture within the top right-hand corner of the screen and choose ‘Settings’. On this screen, you’ll see your YouTube channel together with your profile picture and name.
- Click ‘Edit on Google’, and you ought to see a pop-up. Now, as strange as this might sound, your YouTube channel name consists of your first and last names, so if you would like to vary it, you’ll do so here. Your nickname doesn’t represent your YouTube channel name.
- Once you’ve saved the changes, you ought to update your YouTube channel name.
- If you’re serious about YouTube, now could be the time to make a brand account. I’ll explain what that it later, but to try to to it you would like to travel back to an equivalent settings screen as before; only this point click on ‘See all my Channels’ or create a replacement channel.
- Now on this screen, something new and wonderful goes to happen. If you click on ‘Create a replacement Channel, you will be taken to a different screen.
- Here is where you’ll create a brand account that will use the name of the account as your channel name instead of the primary and surname of your Google account. But which will not solve your problem because now you’ve got two channels, your personal YouTube channel, and this brand account channel. The thought is that you merge the 2.
- To do this, return to the Account Settings page and at this point clicks on ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Make sure you’re signed in to the account together with your current channel, and you ought to see a choice to move that channel to your brand account. Once you click thereon, you will be asked to reconfirm your password.
- In the act of making a brand account, you’ll have also created a YouTube channel therein brand account. So once you click on the brand account box, a warning may appear to inform you that the YouTube channel currently within the brand account is going to be deleted.
- You should be ready to confirm this because it will have zero subscribers and 0 videos. Once you click delete, the subsequent screen will prove again that you only are moving your personal YouTube channel account to the brand account, click ‘Move Channel’ within the bottom right-hand corner.
- Now, to be clear, this does have some channel entanglements. Not all of your data are often carried across. While you’ll still have an equivalent video, views, subscribers, and channel URL, comments won’t be carried over, the verification badge on your channel, community filter settings, or your custom URL if you’ve got one. So yes, if you’ve already built up your channel, this might be an enormous decision you’ve got to form.
Why has YouTube done it this way? I feel the solution could be linked back to how Google+ won’t to be integrated into YouTube. As long as you’ve read everything and understand 100% what you’re close to doing and in fact, you are doing so at your own risk, click the ultimate ‘Move Channel’ button which will move your personal YouTube channel to your brand account.
- And now what you ought to be ready to do is attend ‘Settings’ from your YouTube profile picture as you probably did before, click the ‘Edit on Google’ link, and now you’ll change just the name of your channel, your brand account, not the primary and surname of your personal Google account.
How to Change Your YouTube Channel Description
You can even add a variety to your YouTube channel description. Here are the steps you would like to follow to vary your channel description.
The channel description displays on the about tab of your channel page.
Step 1: By entering a user name and password check into your channel on YouTube.
Step 2: Select your profile picture, hit on your channel.
Step 3: a replacement page will appear here click on the ‘Customize channel’ option.
Step 4: Open the about tab and below Description select Edit. (Till now if you’ve got never added a channel description and this is often a primary time once you are adding an outline then, select +Channel definition).
Step 5: Enter your new description, and then, click on ‘Done’.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Q: Can I edit my YouTube name without changing my Google name?”]A: You cannot edit your YouTube Channel name without changing the Google account name. However, if you modify your channel to a brand channel, you’ll change the name of that channel without affecting your default google account. Click your profile icon.[/wps_faq][wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Q: How many times am I able to change my YouTube channel name?”]A: You can only edit your channel name three times every 90 days.[/wps_faq][wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Q: Should I exploit my real name on YouTube?”]A: Using your real name on YouTube is often helpful if you’re hoping to create a web profile. Albeit it is a company brand and not a private brand you would like to make, using your real name is one of the very first steps to having authority and credibility on the platform.[/wps_faq][wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Q: How many brand accounts are you able to make on YouTube under one account?”]A: Earlier you’ll create just one YouTube channel under one account, and now you’ll create/link/manage up to 50 YouTube channels using one YouTube account.[/wps_faq]
After following this quick and easy guide, you ought to now be ready to change your YouTube Channel name. To find out more top tips for creating the foremost of your YouTube channel, keep your eyes peeled for our next YouTube Guide. Share your valuable words within the comment box section below.